All are invited to the Annual Procession in Honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe at 11:00 a.m., corner of Cesar Chavez (next to the 710Freeway). The mile long procession will end at East Los Angeles College Stadium. There will be Aztec dancers, mariachis and musical bands will also process from the corner of Cesar Chavez and Ford Street to East Los Angeles College, where Archbishop José Gomez will preside the 1:00 p.m. Mass, concelebrated by the auxiliary bishops of L.A. and other clergy members.
Please join us on Thursday, November 27th to Celebrate our Annual Thanksgiving Day with a bilingual Mass at 10:00 a.m. Thereafter, we will have a FREE Thanksgiving Luncheon in the parish hall for all who would like to join us! For those who are cooking turkeys, please remember to bring all turkeys on the 24th by 8:00 am.
This year the theme for the Sacred Heart Elementary School annual Casino Night fundraiser is “Mardi Gras Madness”. Come and join the festivities and fun on Saturday, October 8th! In addition to food, casino gaming, and entertainment, there will be a silent auction and raffle with great prizes. Tickets are only $25 and can be purchased at the school office. All proceeds benefit our school.
Come celebrate with us at the 2016 Sacred Heart Street Fest! There will be live entertainment, carnival rides, and delicious food. There will be fun for the entire family!
The Sacred Heart Street Fest will be from April 29th thru May 1st. The schedule is as follows:
- Friday, April 29th, 6:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Saturday, April 30th, 1:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Sunday, May 1st, 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Catholic Schools Week begins this Sunday, January 31st. Sacred Heart Elementary School will be celebrating the week with many activities. The schedule for the week is as follows:
SUNDAY: January 31 – Celebrating Our Parish
- Family Mass 10:00AM—All students are required to attend in formal uniform.
- Breakfast/Bake Sale
- Open House 11:30 – 1:00PM
Come and bring your family &friends for breakfast and to visit the classrooms. Students will be involved in various activities.
MONDAY: February 1 – Celebrating Our Community
- Bishop David O’Connell will be here for the 8:30am Mass. Formal uniform for all students. You are invited to come and pray with us.
- Our students will collect needed items for those in need.
TUESDAY: February 2 Celebrating Our Faculty, Staff, and Volunteers
- We will provide a continental breakfast for the faculty and a casual dress day for faculty and staff.
- Please show your appreciation for the faculty, staff, and volunteers in your own way
- A luncheon will be served. If you would like to make your favorite dish, please call the office.
WEDNESDAY: February 3 Celebrating Our Nation
- $1.00 casual dress wearing the colors red, white and blue and faculty bake sale. Proceeds will go towards Koins For Kids.
- Students will write letter/cards to our President/First Family/Vice- President and/or Governor.
THURSDAY: February 4 Celebrating Our Vocation and 100 Days in School
- Students and faculty will create a spiritual bouquet of prayers to send to St. John’s Seminary and the Dominican Care Center at Mission San Jose.
- Guest speakers will be invited to speak to students. Topics about colleges and universities will also be presented and explored.
FRIDAY: February 5 Celebrating Our Students – Jog-A-Thon
- Primary Grade students may come dressed for the Jog-A-Thon. Jr. High students may come in casual dress and change into running clothes during recess.
- Teachers will plan fun activities in the classroom.
The Christmas Eve and Christmas Day mass schedules are as follows:
Thursday, December 24th / Jueves, 24 de Dicember
8:30 a.m. Misa en Español
5:30 p.m. English Vigil Mass
11:00 p.m. Christmas Carols /Villancicos
12:00 a.m. Midnight Mass, Bilingual / Misa de Medianoche, Bilingüe
Friday, December 25th / Viernes, 25 de Diciembre
8:30 a.m. Spanish Mass / Misa en Español
10:00 a.m. English Mass / Misa en Ingles
11:30 a.m. Bilingual Mass / Misa en Bilingüe
Distribution of toys after the 11:30 Mass in the Auditorium
Distribución de juguetes después de la Misa de 11:30 en el Auditorio
Please join us for the Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish Celebration on Saturday, December 12th. The schedule is as follows:
4:45 A.M.: PROCESION EMPEZANDO DE LA BROADWAY Y SICHEL / PROCESSION FROM NORTH BROADWAY AND SICHEL
5:00 A.M.: MAÑANITAS CON MARIACHI ADENTRO DE LA IGLESIA / EARLY MORNING CELEBRATION WITH MARIACHI INSIDE CHURCH
6:00 A.M.: MISA CON MARIACHI EN ESPAÑOL / MASS WITH MARIACHI IN SPANISH
8:00 A.M.: MISA — ESPAÑOL / MASS— SPANISH
1:00 AND 2:30 P.M.— EL CORO DE SENIORS / CHOIR—SENIORS FROM WORKMANS STREET
5:30 A.M.: MISA DE VIGILIA— INGLES / VIGIL MA S S — ENGLISH
7:00 P.M.: MISA CON MARIACHI BILINGÜE / MASS WITH MARIACHI BI-LINGUAL