All are invited to the Annual Procession in Honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe at 11:00 a.m., corner of Cesar Chavez (next to the 710 Freeway). The mile long procession will end at East Los Angeles Stadium. Mass will follow at 1:30 p.m. with Archbishop José Horacio Gómez celebrating.
Come and join us at the Sacred Heart Elementary School 125th Anniversary Gala where we will be celebrating 125 years of “Opening Young Hearts and Minds”. The celebration of this important milestone in the school’s history will be an event to remember! For detailed information on how you can purchase tickets or become an event sponsor, please visit the school’s 125th Anniversary Gala website page.
The Christmas Eve and Christmas Day mass schedules are as follows:
Wednesday, December 24th / Miercoles, 24 de Dicember
- 8:30 a.m. Misa en Español
- 5:30 p.m. English Vigil Mass
- 11:00 p.m. Christmas Carols /Villancicos
- 12:00 a.m. Midnight Mass, Bilingual
- Misa de Medianoche, Bilingüe
Thursday, December 25th / Jueves, 25 de Diciembre
- 8:30 a.m. Spanish Mass / Misa en Español
- 10:00 a.m. English Mass / Misa en Ingles
- 11:30 a.m. Bilingual Mass / Misa en Bilingüe
- Distribution of toys after the 11:30 Mass in the Auditorium
- Distribución de juguetes después de la Misa de 11:30 en el Auditorio
Sacred Heart Church will be having their annual event to provide free Thanksgiving meals to everyone in our community who would not otherwise be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with a great meal. You can support our event by simply donating a turkey and/or volunteering to cook a turkey. If you would like to participate, a summary of activities leading up to Thanksgiving day is as follows:
- Turkey Donations – If you would like to donate a turkey, please drop off the turkey at the Sacred Heart Church rectory by Friday, November 20th.
- Volunteer Cooks – If you would like to help cook a turkey, let us know by calling the rectory at (323) 221-3179.
- Turkey Pick-up. Those cooking turkeys will be asked to pick up their turkey at the rectory on Sunday, November 22nd.
- Delivery of Cooked Turkeys – Cooked turkeys are to be delivered to the church hall on Thanksgiving day in the morning by 7 am.
- Serving of Meals – Meals will be served on Thanksgiving Day starting at 9 am until about 1 pm.
- Thanksgiving Day Mass – There will be a Thanksgiving mass at 10:00 am…all are invited to attend.
We all have a lot to be thankful for….help us provide a blessed Thanksgiving for all! Thank you!
Registration is in progress for the Encounter Summer Bible Study program. Click here for the 2014 registration form.
Families this summer EDGE will embark in a Summer Bible Study Program named Encounter. Sessions will be held every week from 6:30pm to 8pm, please consult the EDGE Summer Calendar. Cost will be $15.00 for the workbook and supplies needed for the Bible Study. Read below for information on Encounter, hope your children can join us for this excited study. Any questions please feel free to contact the Office of Youth Ministry.
Not Just a Bible Study – A Life-Changing Experience
Encounter: Experiencing God in the Everyday is more than a Bible study program. It is a life-changing experience that speaks directly to the hearts and minds of middle school youth. Designed specifically for 6th to 8th grades, Encounter uses the color-coded Bible Timeline learning system to reveal the story of our faith and God’s plan for our lives. As your youth are drawn into this story they will come to a new and profound understanding of who God is. Most importantly they will see God not as a distant doctrinal concept, but as a loving Father who desires a meaningful and lasting encounter with them.
In Encounter, your middle school youth will:
- Be drawn into the amazing story that ties all of Scripture together.
- Experience God’s love for them in a profound way, and see him as a part of their daily lives.
- Discover the meaning of their faith, and the purpose God has for them.
- Learn how the Old Testament prefigures, prepares for, and prophesies the coming of the Messiah.
- See Jesus as the awaited Messiah who established the Catholic Church to continue his saving mission on earth.
- Witness the power of the Sacraments and the Mass as real encounters with God.
- …and much more!
Welcome to the new Sacred Heart Church website! The website will serve to keep our parish community updated on the services that we provide and all the latest news and events. Please don’t hesitate to let us know what information you would like to see on the website. Thank you!
Our two schools, Sacred Heart Elementary School and Sacred Heart High School, provide children with outstanding academics in an environment that fosters growth in moral and spiritual values. We invite you to visit our schools to learn more about what makes them so special.